The following information is provided to you before, during and after your treatment to help you be aware of the steps that are needed to look after your investment so please read carefully.
What you may experience
Your colour to be much darker for up to 2 weeks after your treatment.
The healing process takes up to 6 weeks in which your true colour will appear.
Everyone’s skin responds differently, this information is a guideline only.
Your colour retention depends on many variables.
You may think your colour hasn’t taken, be patient it takes 6 weeks to mature, your perfecting session will layer your colour.
In some cases a third treatment might be needed, some sensitive skins will take more work at a slower pace. It is very important to be upfront with medications as bleeding can attribute to this situation also. A small fee is charged for needles and anethetics only, your therapist will inform you of your cost.
What you will recieve after your treatment
You will receive a home care kit with your instructions, this includes any micro-brushes, cotton tips and cream (Bepanthen) that you will be required to use for 7 days following your procedure. If you allergic to Lanolin let your therapist know and an alternative will be given. Remember to always carry your cream with you!
Following all treatments
- No swimming, spa or sauna, It is very important to keep the area clean and free from water and chemicals.
- Wash your face in basin rather than the shower head, with cleanser and pads or flannel be careful to not go over the area treated.
- Apply your cream very sparingly. More is not better! Do this every 2 to 3 hours for first 4 days and as needed for last three. The area must be kept moist for successful healing and to avoid scabbing.
- Scabbing will result in excessive loss of pigment.
- No make-up on or near the treated area for 7 days.
- Avoid picking at scaling. This happens naturally usually 3 to 4 days after, picking can cause scaring. Some clients don’t experience any scaling at all this is normal.
Keep out of the sun or cover area with wide brim hat etc.
- If you feel at any time you have an infection or are not sure, see your doctor as soon as possible.
- Protecting your tattoo please avoid, exposure to the sun, this can cause your colour to fade, keep it covered where possible.
- Wear sunblock if you are going to be outdoors.
- Salt and chlorinated water can lessen the life of your tattoo and also chemicals of any kind could interfere with healing and colour retention.
- Avoid on the area any glycollic or laser treatments this will lighten your colour over time. Congratulations! Enjoy your new tattoo and your new look.
The information provided is to help you to maintain and look after your investment, any further queries don’t hesitate to call anytime.